Capture Data and Convert Old Scanned Book into Digital Versions
An American website providing eBooks and digital versions of rare and old books needed to capture and convert scanned very old books into the PDF format.
- The scanned PDFs of books were in very delicate state and had yellowed pages with blur texts due to aging.
- Since these were very rare books, we had to ensure that they were not further damaged during the scanning process.
- The TAT for the task was very short as the client wanted to upload the captured data it at its earliest as they were much sought after by the academic community.
- We did manual capture of data from scanned PDF files as OCR techniques were not viable due to the bad condition of scanned copies.
- We kept the size of the team rather large so that the project can be turned around quickly.
- A team of fifty professionals worked on the project and accomplished it completely to the satisfaction of our client.
- We did quality checks and audits by our data specialist team to have error free output as per the client’s requirement.
Technology / Software Used:
Whole process was done manually due the bad condition of scanned pages, though we used applications to omit grammar and punctuation mistakes.