Freight bill auditing services for every business are tricky. Perhaps, trickier than you realize. On average, one out of every four freight bills has an error. This means your entire freight bill record might be full of mistakes leading to unwanted overpayments. And in case, you are about to claim your manual bill auditing has zero errors, you might want to hold onto that notion for a while.
Manual data entry operations carried out by your in-house team has more chances of mistakes than any other. Data entry is a mundane and time-consuming task that is bound to go wrong at some point if done manually. Therefore, smart business owners decided to hire a data entry outsourcing company instead. They cannot just get the job done on time but prevent major freight bill auditing mistakes.
4 Common Freight Auditing & Freight Invoice Errors
Some of these basic errors to avoid are mentioned below:
Error in the Bill of Lading
- The bill of lading is the list that contains the complete shipment information provided by the carrier. Being among the most crucial documents, a single error in the bill of lading can affect the overall business. The document contains every major detail regarding the shipment from contact and weight information to address and more.
- So the bill of lading must be formulated very carefully. An experienced freight invoice data entry service provider will know that. Freight bill auditing mistakes can lead to delayed delivery, overcharge on the bill, etc.
- Further, detention error is the penalty fee charged when the pickup time is delayed than its original schedule. Per Diem and driver detention are two types of detention errors. Per Diem is the penalty put on the shipper for keeping equipment with them more than the agreed time, whereas driver detention is incurred by the shipper and receiver when driver wait time exceeds the free time for loading and unloading.
- Your freight bills invoices that contain detention errors also are very much prone to mistakes. You must go through the details thoroughly to ensure that the detention error rate set is followed precisely so that everyone is charged exactly how much they should be.
Inaccuracy in Discount Rates
- A lot of shippers have special rates including exclusive discounts. When negotiating discounts with a carrier, you must also maintain an agreement to audit the invoices to make sure that the rates are shown in the charges. The freight team works hard on these contracts, so you must make certain that these terms are followed.
- When you keep an agreement between you and your vendors, you can prevent inaccuracy in the discount rates. It will allow you to keep your freight bill auditing services in check. You must prepare an agreement for the discount rate before the bill is past due.
Not Hiring an Outsourcing Data Entry Team
- As mentioned above, freight bill auditing when done manually can lead to a lot of errors. But it can be easily avoided by seeking service from a high-quality data entry outsourcing company. Companies tend to think that they are saving their money by not choosing to outsource, but it is the opposite.
- By investing in a reliable data entry service, you are saving a lot of your time and decent money too. These professionals have the right resources and manpower to provide accurate results for your invoice every time. With their help, your freight invoice data entry would get easier than ever.
In case, you were having trouble with your freight bill auditing services too, these given points might help overcome the issues. If you are wondering where you can find an experienced, skilled, and affordable outsourcing company, check out Computyne. They offer quality freight bill auditing services and more.