Quality data is important for your business’s success. This is why there are data entry companies that can help you manage your every data effectively. But even after having the luxury of outsourcing data entry, most companies prefer manual data entry which goes without saying is more time-consuming.
Many business owners believe manual data entry to be more reliable than opting for a data entry outsourcing company. But this is completely the opposite. Data entry needs skills and the right technical tools to be carried out successfully which manual data fails to provide in most situations.
What are the disadvantages of manual data entry?
The possibilities of errors are always more in manual data entry done by your in-house team. If you go for a well-established and experienced data entry outsourcing service provider, you get accurate results with minimum errors. In case, you are having a hard time getting your head around it, we have listed 5 manual data entry mistakes for you to go through.
1. Slow Turnaround Time
- As mentioned above, manual data entry is time-consuming, which you won’t realise as much until you have a ton of data entry projects to take care of. Time is very important for any business and with manual data entry, you are bound to waste many precious hours. Slow turnaround time is the biggest drawback of a manual data entry process.
- They might also end up shifting your employee’s focus from the major tasks and affect the overall productivity. On the other hand, an outsource data entry company will quickly get done with the data entry project and won’t waste your time at all. The quicker the data entry turnaround time, the better it is for your organization.
2. Increased Chances for Errors
- No matter how much dedicated your in-house data entry team is, at the end of the day, they are humans and can lack focus. And the moment they start to lose focus, the chances of error increases. Even if they are typing the numbers and feeding it in constantly, they could be doing it all wrong.
- Manual data entry is suitable for a small-scale data entry project but that too can be overwhelming. It is hard to be mindful of what you are doing when you have big data entry operations to complete in a limited time. With advanced data entry tools, there will be zero errors for sure.
3. Decrease in Data Quality
- Data quality is a thing and it is perhaps the backbone of your data entry process. Assuming the data registered is correct, the quality of your data is unaffected. But with manual data entry, you can never be sure of that. Your employees most often than not will be in the mindset to get the work done quickly and, in that rush, will make silly mistakes impacting the quality of data.
- Whereas, a data entry outsourcing company will have more than enough resources to ensure that the data quality is maintained through the project. The data entry tools and techniques they use will be the latest and therefore the most reliable.
4. Not Enough Knowledge and Training
- Data entry is a mundane and confusing task that needs proper training to be practiced. If you think you can just get anyone to go through with it for your company, you are mistaken. They might get the numbers for you but not the correct ones. Manual data entry done by your company’s employees won’t be dependable.
- An outsource data entry service provider who has been in this field for a while knows what to do and how. Data entry can get complicated at times and it is the experience and training that proves as the key to ensure quality and productivity.
5. Manual Data Entry is Costlier
- Hiring a data entry outsourcing company will cost you money, no doubt. But not hiring one will waste the money you are already investing. Your in-house manual data entry team needs to be paid, regardless of the work they give you, the quality, and the accuracy which seems like an unfair agreement.
- Your external data entry team will charge you precisely depending on your data entry needs and will always give you quality results. You don’t have to pay them every month as a salary, you hire them on a contract basis and pay them for a job done right.
Now that you know what challenges manual data entry can bring, you need to stay clear of it by hiring an outsource data entry company. Computyne is one such provider of reliable data entry service at affordable rates.